Monday, May 5, 2008

Weigh in Day

So, I had a 2.2 lb loss this week. Which normally I'd be all, hey, freaking sweet. Except I had the flu this week, and I'm pretty sure that I can attribute at least a good amount of that loss to a couple of days where I went to bed early instead of eating dinner. I skipped a couple of days exercising because of the whole getting tired walking into another room thing, and it's also about to be that time of the month. Also, I think I put an entire box of Ritz crackers in my tomato soup the past few days. So honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised at all if I had a gain. So yay for having the flu! I think this flu is also the same one Jason Veritek, Josh Beckett, Dice-K, and Manny Delcarmen must have had. So my flu might have the same DNA as the flu that Veritek had. Which is another plus for this flu.

As mentioned, I skipped a couple of days of exercising. But I thought I felt well enough to go to the gym this morning, and just take it easy on myself. Today at the gym is step aerobics. I hate step aerobics so much sometimes it is all I can do not to walk out of the class. But today I was bond and determined to have a workout after skipping out for a few days and today being weigh in day. I was so tempted to make today be the day I start running. It was a beautiful morning for it. A little cloudy, cool but not too cool. But I was afraid I would stop too quickly, and the remnants of the flu would be aggravated by my allergies to trees sexing each other with pollen.

So I get to the gym, and I was getting winded rather quicker than usual (read: two minutes into the warm up), but so far so good. But then the instructor decided move around the bench. In circles. It wasn't like we were imitating the spinning teacups or anything, and honestly, going around in circles is generally one of my least hated things about step class. But honestly, by the fourth rotation, I had to go for a "water break" where I went to stand by the side for a minute so I could stop feeling like I was on a spinning teacup. I suppose I should have known better. How many articles and blog entries are there exercising when you are sick? But this is the first time I've been sick sick since I started exercising regularly. Well, you live and learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you get bonus points for TRYING to exercise when you were sick. And I think if it's just a cold it's ok. But I'm thinking flu, maybe not such a good idea. But like you said, live and learn!